Monday, September 27, 2010

My Digital Studio Helps to Celebrate a Life

On Saturday night my friend, Brenda and her brother David had a party for their Mom, Avis.  It wasn't her birthday but a celebration of her life.  You see, she is battling lung cancer.

As letters, notes and photos came in celebrating Avis, I was able to put together a pretty spectacular (I think!) book for her.  So far, 38 pages and counting so I won't share everything.  There were quite a few friends from High School who sent notes and I was able to find a picture of her high school online. Her family provided me with a lot of great photos.  I decided to use the designer template for elegant occassions (I love the marina mist, crumb cake and early espresso color combination). 

I didn't have a lot of information regarding the pictures sent to me but I decided to use the feature in My Digital Studio that takes all the pictures in your file and loads them right into the template.  You can then alter the page from the original template and remove picures you don't like or move them around.  This was a huge time saver for me.

Because I was working under a tight deadline -- with work, school, Stampin' Up!, and other family obligations, I got to work on the book for about eight hours on Friday night and about 12 hours on Saturday.  If I had to scrap each of the 38 pages by hand, with the same level of detail I had in My Digital Studio, you would probably have multiply 20 hours by at least 10! 

I printed each page (I have an Epson 1400 that prints 12X12 pages and up to 13X19) on Whisper White 12X12 paper and selected the highest DPI for the pictures.  The pages printed beautifully.  The thickness and quality of Stampin' Up! paper is beyond compare.  I would never have attempted to print out on anything else -- no smearing of ink and very sharp, clear pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List