Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stampin' Up! Summer Mini Catalog Orders End August 31

You only have until August 31 to place your order against the summer mini so if you like something you see, you can click on the link to my online store or send me an email with your order.

Today's item is our motorcycle stamp!  Since I have a secret past life as a motorcycle babe (I was young and reckless!) I LOVE this stamp.  If you are looking for something that is more on the masculine side of things, this is the stamap for you.  Motorcycles represent a wild side, a rebellious side...or a mid-life crisis side!  You can dress them up or dress them down.  Here are three samples I've done with the motorcycle stamp.

For the top look, I stamped two images of the motorcycle -- one used whisper white craft ink on basic black paper and one used black stayz on ink on whisper white paper.  After stamping, I quickly embossed the white image with white embossing powder (remember to heat from the bottom so you are less likely to burn the embossing powder) and the black image with black embossing powder.  The motorcycle stamp block is 2" x 3" so that is the size I cut the paper.  This helps you place the stamp in the right space so that you can cut in half.  Then each half was placed on a mat of the opposite color (2.25" x 3.25").  I actually matted each motorcycle image to the mat paper and then cut the images in half.

In addition to the motorcycle, I used from the summer mini the Sentimental Journey Stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List