Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Look at all these great ideas!

I attended my very first Stampin' Up! convention in Salt Lake City this year.  I went with three other demonstrators from my group.  It was a great convention to go to because my upline (the person I signed up to become a Stampin' Up! Demo under) won a bunch of awards.  She won a cruise to Alaska (I'm so jealous) which was fantastic.  The big surprise was that Mandy was awarded the honor of being on of the top 100 demonstrators in North America!  We had to wait until awards night to find out what rank she held and were so impressed that she was the #57 top demo in the US and Canada.  Congratulations Mandy!
One of the ongoing events at Convention is Swaps.  Let me tell you, I had agita regarding swaps and the rules and getting them done and how many to make!  As much as I tried to prepare prior to Convention, I was still making them when I got to SLC.  In fact, I left one of my packets of premade swaps at home by mistake so the stuff that I brought to make more was so necessary!  On the airplane ride out, I sat in First Class while Mandy and Amanda were in coach.  Maybe next year, I'll slum with the girls in the back of the plane.  Anyway, for one of my cards, I was making flowers from four scalloped circles and I needed to break down the fibers on each petal.  I ended up getting a blister on my left thumb and worked the entire 3 hour plus flight on breaking down and curling those petals.  Here are the first batch of my cards I got in exchange for my swaps!
I got some really great ideas for fun and fast cards for workshops.  I wonder if my cards ended up on someone's blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List