Friday, August 27, 2010

I'll take Spiders and Snakes over Scorpions!

The other day I went into the master bathroom.  It was about 6:30am.  In the corner where the shower door meets the wall, there was something black.  It didn't move -- not even when Big Girl (Viola) came in and sort of sat on it.  I couldn't tell if it was something alive or a really weird dust bunny.  Of course I didn't have all the lights on...just a little night light thing.

ok so maybe I should focus on vacuuming up all the dog hair and Andy hair?
Well, I shooed the dogs out of the bathroom and turned on all the lights and to my surprise it was a scorpion.  EEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!! All I could think about was where's my camera?  I have to get a shot of this guy.  Since he didn't move, I thought he was dead already.  But I guess the flash woke him up because all of a sudden he was moving.  Big Girl tried to do her patented drop and roll move on it and Lil' Sopha likes to rub her face all over bugs and seafood (don't ask me why).  It was a crazy few minutes as I was yelling at Andy to kill it!

His response, "I don't know nothin' about killing scorpions -- we don't have them in NY!"  So I did the only thing I could think of...I reached for the shoe.

"Give me a flip flop, " I yelled at him.  And then with precision and decisiveness I whacked it dead like I had been killing scorpions for a while.  Maybe it is a sign...after all I am married to a Scorpio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List