Friday, June 25, 2010

Last Call for Sizzix Petal Card Die and Other Retiring Stampin' Up Products

Hi Crafty Girls (and Guys!)-

We are a week away from the new Stampin' Up 2010-2011 Catalog which is very exciting but in order to make room for the brand new items, we'll be saying goodbye to some products in the 2009 - 2010 Catalog.  One of the items, that I am showcasing today is the Sizzix Petal Card die for the Big Shot die cut machine.  What I love about this die is all the things I've created using it that are beyond the original card which on its own is really cute!

Pretty Heart Hanger

I sat down for a few hours and cut out 10 or 15 Petal Cards in Very Vanilla cardstock and just started playing. I wanted to see what I could piece together.  My first revelation was that if I folded two petals I then had a heart shape. Then, if I took another Petal Card and folded in the tabs and attached them to the tabs of the other Petal Card, now I had a heart shaped container.  Then my artistic juices started to flow and see my cute treat holder -- throw in some candy or even hang with some potpourri in it as a home decor item.

Before attaching the tabs, I used a Versamark stamp pad and the Flourish stamp from the Baroque Motifs stamp set (which will be continued in the 2010-2011 catty - yeah!).  Once I stamped the flourish with Versamark, I used the clear embossing powder and heat set it.

Then I wanted to play with the new Smooch sprays (can't wait until July 1 and the Smooch collection expands!).  For this streaked look, I sprayed Log Cabin, Gold Glow and Vanilla Shimmer and then took a dry paper towel and wiped the cardstock in a downward motion.  Because I had already heat embossed the Flourish stamp with the clear embossing powder, it was ink resistant and the vanilla cardstock came through.

Next, because I wanted it to hold candy or something I needed to creatively patch the gaps between the tabs.  So I used retiring chocolate chip satin ribbon (15/16") to cover the bottom and then as handles for the top.  Last, but not least, I used a large pearl (from Pretties kit) and a Very Vanilla large brad.

I pretty much used the same techniques for the next items  a snazzy gift box and a set of gift cards.  My apologies in advance for the crappy picture quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List